Monday, September 16, 2013

A time for everything

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I have experienced a lot of these "times" this week. The Lord has been speaking to me and opening my eyes to so many things and I am so grateful. Even the things that hurt me, that catch me off guard and make me take a sharp breath of pain and shock also give me reason to praise him. I KNOW I am in his will and when I am unsure of where I should take my next step his word shines on my path. I know he is getting ready to do a new thing in my life. He is restoring so many things in my life that I didn't even know were broken. And I am so thankful that as long as I give myself to him, he will finish the work in me that he has started. Many people in my life will not understand, many will turn their backs to me but I will keep pressing forward because he has chosen me, called me and raised me up. For such a time as this...

No comments:

Post a Comment