Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Heartache and Hope

For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.    Psalm 22:24

I've known heartache. Personally and in relationships.

I've cried tears of desperation to God when I was longing for deliverance from the demons who plagued me from childhood. I've suffered incessantly from voices in my head screaming lies about who I was. I've endured physical and emotional pain as my first child passed through my body without life.

I cried out in a loud voice to God when a friend went through a divorce. I've pleaded with God on many occasions to deliver a youth from an unhealthy and dangerous relationship. I've asked God countless times to bring comfort to a brother or sister who suffered as a result of a misunderstanding whether I was involved or not. 

In each of these situations hope was always there and in his time, God brought about peace, comfort and restoration. Because of these experiences and more I know that God will work again in the areas where my heartaches.

He will work in the life of my friend whose heart breaks daily for her child.
He will work in the lives of a precious family facing divorce.
He will work in the lives of our youth who need to know unconditional love.
He will work in my church to bring unity.

Because he hears my cries and he is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment