Thursday, November 19, 2015

Being Confident

As I look around my home I feel overwhelmed by all my shortcomings. Projects that were started with vigor and excitement lay abandoned. Many chores remain undone. Worst of all, things that should have been priority were once again pushed to the back burner, left to be attended to another day. Today is Thursday but my thoughts have already taken me well into the weekend without a moments rest. I'm frustrated with myself for falling into this pitfall once again. I should be disciplined. I should be organized. I should be focused. I should be diligent. I should be better. I have too much responsibility to be living so irresponsibly. 

Wow. Being hard on yourself much?

A voice has broken through my disappointment.

No. I'm not being hard on myself. I'm just speaking the truth. It's time for me to get my stuff together. I've been down this road too many times. 

Yes, you can be a bit flighty and you often get caught up in distractions but don't forget the good you've done. Don't forget the battles you've won. Don't forget the progress you've made. The most beautiful things in life take time reach perfection. It's through my might that you have done all these things and it is by my will that you will do much more.
 
These words are like a soothing balm to my heart. All my anxieties, my stresses, my doubt's and my fears are melted away. I still have areas where I need to grow but I also still have the God who brought me through my past struggles and who will lead me through my future sufferings. And He is all I need. 

Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6


 

No comments:

Post a Comment